I love wearing this headband under my scarf. It holds my hair in place plus it's not slippery since it's made of cotton. This headband is very popular..even little girls love it, cos it's so comfortable to wear.
Now, let's get down to business.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Rectangle fabric measuring 12" x 9"
2. Strip of fabric 2.5" x 11"
3. 1/2" elastic : 5"
HOW YOU DO IT:
1. Sew 0.5" hem of the rectangle on both sides
2. Make a tube from the strip of fabric. Once the tube is ready, insert the elastic like the picture below:
3. Now, your covered elastic is ready. Put it in the middle of the rectangle (length wise) RIGHT side facing you. Pin in place
4. Make pleats and put it on top of the elastic with the edge/hem ON TOP. Do the same with the other half.
5. Stitch in place. Double stitch if necessary.
6. Repeat STEPS 3, 4, 5 with the other side.
7. and YAY, you made it...now go and make few...it makes a nice gift too..;). Even my son loved it. He thought he looked like a rock star :P
I hope it's clear enough. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Happy Sewing ^_^