I hate to throw away even a lil bit if fabric scraps. Yesterday after making one star block, there are lots of remnants from the flying geese blocks. So, here what I do.
- Pick up 5 or 6 triangles. Fold them and sew on the side.
- Turn around, poke to take out the corner as much as you can, and make a string of the new folded triangle by hand sewing it using a running stitch. One TIP: Leave around 1.5” of thread on the knot. Sew away until all 6 are strung nicely and evenly.
- The pull slowly and adjust the flower. Pull it tight and tie the thread nicely.
- Now, take out one button (I love the fabric cover button) and sew in place.
- At the back, take a small piece of felt, cut it round and glue in place and then attach the pin or hair pin, according to your fancy.
See..now more wasted fabric remnants ;)
Until then...Happy Sewing